Bruce has over 30 years of experience in the health insurance industry. He is an expert in self-funded plan administration, including operations, claims, information technology and financial accounting. He is well-versed in all insurance administration functions and has established a high level of respect and credibility with insurance carrier underwriting, actuarial and claims managers. In particular, he is proficient in forecasting, budgeting and complex project implementation.
At Benefit Commerce Group, he leads the financial team and maintains control of budgeting and high-level organizational processes for the firm.
BENEFIT COMMERCE GROUP, Scottsdale, AZ 2009-Present
Inc. 5000 4-Time Honoree; Healthiest Employers Since 2014; Best Places to Work 5-Time Honoree
CFO & Principal – Part of Alera Group, this firm specializes and is a thought leader in employee benefits. Largest and most experienced benefits team in the area, providing clients with advice, advocacy and results.
• Proven record of sustainable strategies to help clients, their employees and families save money on health plans. Typical client has saved $10,000+ per employee over a 5-year period, without reducing value of benefits.
• We make life easier for our clients’ HR teams, focusing on employee communication, engagement and HR technology to help them recruit and retain productive workers.
• Over 200 client awards for wellness and benefit programs in past 5 years, including: Wellness Council of Arizona and Healthiest Employers.
• We conduct annual Arizona Employee Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
• We are Title Sponsor of Phoenix division of Accelerent, a business development organization.
INDEPENDENCE HOLDING COMPANY (NYSE: IHC), Phoenix, AZ 2006-2009
• Responsible for financial operations, reporting, forecasting, and budgeting.
INSURERS ADMINISTRATIVE CORPORATION (IAC), Phoenix, AZ 1979-2006