Solution-oriented executive with 30+ years inside the insurance industry. As CEO of multiple large corporations, successfully handled financial, operational and HR issues, including employee health insurance costs. As an executive in the insurance industry, designed and managed health insurance programs. Expert in Risk Management, Insurance Product Design, and Employee Benefit Programs who cuts to the heart of business issues. Develops long-term strategies to save money for employers and employees, simplifies implementation and increases wellness program participation. Available for review: White Papers and published magazine articles.
BENEFIT COMMERCE GROUP, Scottsdale, AZ 2009-Present
Inc. 5000 4-Time Honoree; Healthiest Employers Since 2014; Best Places to Work 5-Time Honoree
Managing Partner & Principal – Part of Alera Group, this firm specializes and is a thought leader in employee benefits. Largest and most experienced benefits team in the area, providing clients with advice, advocacy and results.
• Proven record of sustainable strategies to help clients, their employees and families save money on health plans. Typical client has saved $10,000+ per employee over a 5-year period, without reducing value of benefits.
• We make life easier for our clients’ HR teams, focusing on employee communication, engagement and HR technology to help them recruit and retain productive workers.
• Over 200 client awards for wellness and benefit programs in past 5 years, including: Wellness Council of Arizona and Healthiest Employers.
• We conduct annual Arizona Employee Benefits Benchmarking Survey.
• We are Title Sponsor of Phoenix division of Accelerent, a business development organization.
INDEPENDENCE HOLDING COMPANY (NYSE: IHC), Stamford, CT 2006-2009
Concurrent positions: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Senior Vice
President. Recruited to initiate and develop fully insured business segment for IHC. Directed executive teams of eight IHC companies. Oversaw six product lines, annual operating budgets of $40M+, managed 500+ employees.
INSURERS ADMINISTRATIVE CORPORATION (IAC), Phoenix, AZ 1982-2006
Chief Executive Officer. Owner of company specializing in third-party administration of health insurance.
• Led and administered benefit plans for 150,000+ customers in fully insured and self-funded plans.
• Developed product pricing and administration strategies for insurance plans, including PPOs, HSAs, HRAs, FSAs, Section 125 as well as life, disability, dental and vision plans.